Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bernie Madoff': Keeping it in the Family

Old Bernie gives the phrase "Keep it in the family" a whole new meaning!

The New York Times, reported today on the emerging ties between members of Madoff's family and SEC compliance inspectors who had done (or not done?) several investigations into Madoff's fund several years ago.

Turns out old Bernie's niece, Shana, is married to the ex Deputy Director of the SEC who was in charge of compliance and lead several investigations into Bernie's funds.

and Shana is?

Compliance Attorney for Uncle Bernie.

And Daddy Roger is?

General Council for brother Bernie.

And the sons were both senior officers for Daddy Bernie.

Neat hey?

Amazing the coincidences that happen.

Of course the ex SEC lawyer, Mr Eric Swanson, says that his relationship with Shana started long after the probe into Daddy's funds.

So what, still sounds like sleeping with the enemy to me.

Now my credibility is taking severe strain.

I wrote in a previous post, Bernie Madoff: Could he have acted alone? that I didn't think that the family was involved.

Maybe I was wrong.

But then again maybe I was right.

I have learned to my cost, both in my personal and professional life, NEVER to judge until the facts are known and the truth emerges, as it will in this case.

As Sherlock Holmes said "When you exclude the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

We should wait for all the facts to emerge before we judge anybody, including Bernie Madoff.

But until then we are free to speculate.........

No comments:

Post a Comment